- Arrange early in your stay for someone to pick you up from the hospital. Remember that discharge time is before 12 p.m. on the day of discharge.
- Review any written instructions from your doctor or nurse and be sure to ask any questions you may have about medications, activity, and diet after discharge.
- If your doctor has given you a prescription for medications to take at home be sure you know what the medications are and what they are for. Arrange to have someone take the prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice and to get the medications.
- Make sure you know when you are to return to see your doctor and how to make arrangements for any treatments you may need (e.g. rehabilitation therapy).
- Remove any valuables you may have left in the hospital safe. Check to see that you have packed everything you brought with you
Medical Records & Release of Information
A patient, or his/her legal representative, may inspect and/or obtain a copy of their medical records, or have copies of medical records sent to another facility.
Ortho Spine & Sport Clinic (OSSC) requires a completed and signed Authorization* for Release of Health Information form before releasing any documents to anyone, including the patient. In certain cases, a patient's physician, psychologist or social worker may also be required to approve a request made using a release form.
*Print and complete the Authorization for use & Disclosure of Health Information form.